Monday, October 22, 2007

Rendition

after a long time, i finally made it to the theatre to watch rendition with jake gyllenhal, reese witherspoon and meryl streep.
while there were a few things i liked about the film (they would be spoilers if i mentioned them here), i wasn't completely satisfied. there were some things that stood out like a sore thumb-some of the dialogue was flat, it took me almost half the movie to be really involved, and then there wasn't enough drama to make some story threads compelling.
and then the ending--i thought it was just too convinient (sp?).
You can wait for the DVD.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really liked rendition...although I dont remember the ending too well. I think gyllenhal gets the guy back to US...I think. well i like most movies with jake gyllenhall...he sure is a fine specimen. and would you stop having such high standards for movies...jeez just relax and enjoy the movie.

...a year later

It's been a year since my last post...I've been thinking...