Monday, January 14, 2008

I QUIT

It may be a few weeks too late, but i guess it's never too late to come up with a New Year resolution.
so I QUIT. today is Day 2.
i was looking back at all the times that i wanted to quit and realized that all i did then was try and cut down. i was trying to convince myself that while i needed to smoke, i could get through the day with just one or two. i was wrong.
i haven't been a heavy smoker but i have been a consistent one. you have to give me credit for that. i never smoked more than a pack a day but have certainly blown up a lot of money on smoke. i was thinking of calculating how much i've spent on cigarettes since i came to the states almost 10 years ago but i think i'll pass on that.
here's why: first of all, i'm not too bright with addition, and this involves multiplication and division.
second, if i did try and come up with a number, it would surely drive me to smoke again!

will power? i don't know yet. i guess we'll soon find out. and hopefully, writing about this will help.

No comments:

...a year later

It's been a year since my last post...I've been thinking...